How To: Pick the Right Foundation for Your Skin Type
23 COMMENTS ›
Heavy product can settle into fine lines and wrinkles so opt for a light coverage liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer for younger-looking, luminous skin. MDC Picks: Lancôme Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo; Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
To quench your dry skin throughout the day, Almodovar recommends a light coverage, hydrating foundation. When applying your product, use your “fingers and press the product into the skin,” for longer-lasting coverage, Almodovar says. MDC Picks: Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch; Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
It’s the Foundation Tips for Any Skin Type
No matter what foundation you’re using, here are six great application tips from Almodovar to keep in mind.
1. Start with the foundation on and around the nose as that’s where most of the redness occurs.
2. Avoid the under eye area, that’s where concealer! goes.
3. Contour (cheeks, forehead, nose, jawline and temples) with a darker shade in the same formula.
4. If you use your fingers, press the foundation into the skin as much as possible for a radiant natural glow.
5. When using a sponge to apply your foundation, roll with every touch to blend.
6. If you prefer to apply your product with a brush, use small circular strokes to buff the foundation in to the skin.
base of every beauty look and the tool that keeps our confidence in check when our skin won’t cooperate: foundation. As with any beauty essential, sometimes the quest to find the perfect fit for your skin can leave a girl a bit overwhelmed by options. To help you wade through the choices, we caught up with professional makeup artist Gabriel Almodovar for his advice on how to pick the best foundation for your skin type.